Terms and Conditions of Service
Welcome to and thank you for visiting CoverCrow.com (this “Site”), which is owned and operated by CoverCrow.com (“site manager,” “we,” “us,” and “our”). These Terms of Service govern your use of this Site.
This agreement is in effect as of April 18, 2020.
Your Acceptance of These Terms of Service
These Terms and Conditions of Service May Change
We reserve the right to update and modify this User Agreement at any time without prior notice, by posting the revised version of these Terms and Conditions of Service behind the link marked “Terms and Conditions of Service” at the bottom of each page of this Site. These changes will be effective as of the date we post the revised version on this Site, except that changes to subscription fees and features will become effective as to any existing subscriber upon completion of its then-current subscription term. Your continued use of this site after such modifications will constitute an acknowledgment and agreement to be bound by the revised Terms and Conditions of Service. You acknowledge and agree that it is your responsibility to review this User Agreement periodically to familiarize yourself with any modifications. Your only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with any revisions to the Terms and Conditions of Service is to cancel your subscription to this Site and discontinue your use of this Site.
You may access the current version of these Terms and Conditions of Service at any time by clicking on the link marked “Terms” at the bottom of each page of this Site.
Your Consent to Other CoverCrow Agreements
We may also require you to follow additional rules, guidelines or other conditions to sign up to use various special features or password-protected areas of this Site, to participate in certain promotions or activities available through this Site, or for other reasons. In such cases, you may be asked to expressly consent to these additional terms, for example, by checking a box or clicking on a button marked “I agree.” This type of agreement is known as a “click-through” agreement. If any of the terms of a click-through agreement are different than the terms of these Terms and Conditions of Service, the terms of the click-through agreement will supplement or amend these Terms and Conditions of Service, but only with respect to the matters governed by the “click-through agreement.”
Disclosures. By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of Service and providing your cell phone number upon sign up, you agree to receive text offers and alerts from CoveCrow. Text message charges or other charges may be applied by your wireless carrier for these offers and alerts. If, at any time, you wish to opt out of future mobile (text) messages from CoverCrow, you may do so by replying “STOP” to any text message you receive from CoverCrow. You agree to opt out before changing your wireless service.
What Do We Offer
CoverCrow is a real-time on-demand cloud-based software that uses the latest technology to connect Freelancers who are independent contractors with consumer agencies and attorneys. CoverCrow only connects individual Freelancers with consumer agencies and attorneys to fulfill a specific task for each other. CoverCrow facilitates the connection for one job at a time.
Each Freelancer is still and always responsible for his/her appearance and services. Each consumer agency and attorney is still and always responsible for finding coverage for his/her appearances, hearings, or other event that he/she is looking to find coverage for.
Each Freelancer is liable and responsible for the appearance he/she has accepted through the CoverCrow web or mobile app. In essence, CoverCrow is the equivalent of a matching service which connects agencies who wish to hire Freelancers for limited scope work (a single appearance) on an independent contractor basis.
How it Works
All users need to register and submit their application for review. Review and approval of new applications usually lasts 24 hours, but is in no way guaranteed.
Create a job request. The consumer agency or attorney is responsible for submitting a job request for an appearance where all information is true and accurate. The Freelancer will rely on the information provided to make the necessary appearance.
If the information entered changes later on or is not accurate as determined by facts or the Freelancer during the appearance, that constitutes a breach. The consumer agency or attorney is liable for all and any subsequent outcomes and may be subject to additional fees if the scope of the resulting work goes beyond the minimum described herein or on the job order form.
Submitting a job request does not suggest and/or guarantee that a Freelancer is found or matched with your request. Your job request has no appearance coverage until (a) you receive a notification through our system that someone has accepted your appearance request AND (b) you have physically called, emailed, and/or texted and confirmed the appearance with the legal service provider who has accepted your request.
Accepting a Job Request
Accepting an appearance is a 2-clicks verification process. After accepting to appear, the Freelancer becomes responsible for making the appearance and fulfilling his/her duties to the fullest.
Cancelling an Appearance
Consumer agencies and attorneys can cancel an appearance request that is not yet accepted at any time.
Appearances that have been accepted by a Freelancer can be cancelled no later than 24 hours before the appearance date and time.
Appearances can be cancelled within the 24 hours of the appearance time by contacting the Freelancer who may impose a late cancellation fee on the consumer agency or attorney.
Closing Job Requests
The consumer agency and/or attorney has 24 hours after the appearance to close the job request on CoverCrow.
Responsible Use and Conduct
By visiting our website and accessing the information, resources, services, products, and tools we provide for you, either directly or indirectly (hereafter referred to as ‘Resources’), you agree to use these Resources only for the purposes intended as permitted by (a) the terms of this User Agreement, and (b) applicable laws, regulations, and generally accepted online practices or guidelines.
Wherein, you understand that:
- To access our Resources, you may be required to provide certain information about yourself (such as identification, contact details, etc.) as part of the registration process, or as part of your ability to use the Resources. You agree that any information you provide will always be accurate, correct, and up to date.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any login information associated with any account you use to access our Resources. Accordingly, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your account/s.
- Accessing (or attempting to access) any of our Resources by any means other than through the means we provide, is strictly prohibited. You specifically agree not to access (or attempt to access) any of our Resources through any automated, unethical, or unconventional means.
- Engaging in any activity that disrupts or interferes with our Resources, including the servers and/or networks to which our Resources are located or connected, is strictly prohibited.
- Attempting to copy, duplicate, reproduce, sell, trade, or resell our Resources is strictly prohibited.
- You are solely responsible for any consequences, losses, or damages that we may directly or indirectly incur or suffer due to any unauthorized activities conducted by you, as explained above, and may incur criminal or civil liability.
- We may provide various open communication tools on our website, such as blog
posts, public chat, forums, message boards, newsgroups, product ratings and reviews,
social media services, etc. You understand that generally we do not pre-screen or
content posted by users of these various communication tools, which means that if
use these tools to submit any type of content our website, then it is your personal
responsibility to use these tools in a responsible and ethical manner. By posting
otherwise using any open communication tools as mentioned, you agree that you will
post, share, or otherwise distribute any content that:
- Is illegal, threatening, defamatory, abusive, harassing, degrading, intimidating, fraudulent, indecent, profane, libelous, pornographic, obscene, deceptive, invasive, racist, hateful, contains any type of suggestive, inappropriate, or explicit language, invasive of another’s privacy, or otherwise objectionable, including sexual misconduct;
- Infringes on any trademark, patent, trade secret, copyright, or other proprietary right of any party;
- Upload, post, email, or otherwise transmit any material that constitutes unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation or commercial electronic message, or any other type of unauthorized or unsolicited advertising;
- For the purpose of misleading others, creates a false identity of the sender or the origin of a message, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any material transmitted through the Services or in connection with CoverCrow, or impersonates any person or entity, including any CoverCrow.com employees or representatives.
We have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, we feel in our
not comply with this User Agreement, along with any content that we feel is otherwise
harmful, objectionable, inaccurate or violates any 3rd party copyrights or trademarks.
responsible for any delay or failure in removing such content. If you post content that
to remove, you hereby consent to such removal, and consent to waive any claim against
- We do not assume any liability for any content posted by you or any other third-party users of our website. However, any content posted by you using any open communication tools on our website, provided that it doesn’t violate or infringe on any third-party copyrights or trademarks, becomes the property of CoverCrow.com, and as such, gives us a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, royalty free, exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt, translate, publish, publicly display and/or distribute as we see fit. This only refers and applies to content posted via open communication tools as described, and does not refer to information that is provided as part of the registration process, necessary to use our Resources.
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless CoverCrow.com and its parent company and affiliates, and their directors. officers, managers, employees, donors, agents, and licensors, from and against all losses, expenses, damages, and costs, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, resulting from any violation of this User Agreement or the failure to fulfill any obligations relating to your account incurred by you or any other person using your account. We reserve the right to take over the exclusive defense of any claim for which we are entitled to indemnification under this User Agreement. In such event, you shall provide us with such cooperation as is reasonably requested by us.
Limitation of Warranties
By using our website, you understand and agree that all Resources we provide are “as is” and “as available.” This means that we do not represent or warrant to you that:
- The use of our Resources will meet your needs or requirements.
- The use of our Resources will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or free from errors.
- The information obtained by using our Resources will be accurate or reliable, and any defects in the operation or functionality of any Resources we provide will be repaired or corrected.
Furthermore, you understand and agree that:
- Any content downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of our Resources is done at your own discretion and risk, and that you are solely responsible for any damage to your computer or other devices for any loss of data that may result from the download of such content.
- No information or advice -- whether expressed, implied, oral or written -- obtained by you from CoverCrow.com or through any Resources we provide shall create any warranty, guarantee, or conditions of any kind, except for those expressly outlined in this User Agreement.
Limitation of Liability
In conjunction with the Limitation of Warranties as explained above, you expressly understand and agree that any claim against us shall be limited to the amount you paid, if any, for use of products and/or services. CoverCrow will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or exemplary loss or damages which may be incurred by you as a result of using our Resources or as a result of changes, data loss or corruption, cancellation, loss of access, or downtime to the full extent that applicable limitation of liability laws apply.
All content and materials available on CoverCrow.com, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, website name, code, images, and logos are the intellectual property of CoverCrow.com, and are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law. Any inappropriate use, including, but not limited to, the reproduction, distribution, display, or transmission of any content on this site is strictly prohibited, unless specifically authorized by CoverCrow.com.
Subscribing to This Site
You may subscribe to this Site either online or by submitting an application in paper form. If you submit an application in paper form, it must be signed, and it will be deemed to incorporate any supporting documents and disclaimers on this Site that apply to online applications. If there is any conflict or inconsistency in terms between any online document and a subsequently submitted signed document, the conflict shall be resolved by relying on the document that is actually signed.
Subscription applications submitted online are considered “pending acceptance and approval” and are not complete until a confirmation of approval and acceptance has been sent by CoverCrow. In the event an application cannot be accepted, any payment made shall be refunded or credited to the credit card account within a reasonable time period.
Termination and Non-Renewal
You agree that we may, at our sole discretion, suspend or terminate your access to all or part of our website and Resources with or without notice and for any reason, including, without limitation, breach of this User Agreement. Any suspected illegal, fraudulent, or abusive activity may be grounds for terminating your relationship and may be referred to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Upon suspension or termination, your right to use the Resources we provide will immediately cease, and we reserve the right to remove or delete any information that you may have on file with us, including any account or login information.
If you wish to terminate or not renew your subscription to this Site, you may do so at any time by canceling your account on the Site. CoverCrow does not accept notices of termination or non-renewal by email or any other means, regardless of whether such notice is actually received by CoverCrow. CoverCrow will provide an email confirmation of your termination or non-renewal to the address you designated when subscribing.
Any notice of non-renewal will be effective at the end of your then-current subscription term. Any notice of termination will also be effective at the end of your then-current term unless, in connection with one- or two-year subscription plans involving monthly installment payments, you indicate that you wish to make the cancellation effective immediately. In that case, immediate cancellation will be conditioned upon payment of an early termination fee equal to one-half of the unpaid portion of the total subscription fee for the then-current subscription term. For example, if you have a one-year subscription, the fee for which is payable in monthly installments, and you notify us that you wish to cancel during month six of your one-year subscription, your subscription will remain active until the end of the one-year term unless you indicate you wish the cancellation to be effective immediately and pay an early termination fee equal to three monthly installments. CoverCrow.com will not issue prorated refunds of subscription fees already paid.
If you undertake any action or fail to take any action in breach or contravention of these Terms and Conditions of Service, including failure to make any required payment when due, CoverCrow.com may immediately and without notice terminate your subscription and/or block or prevent your access to and use of this Site.
This website is controlled by CoverCrow.com from our offices located in the state of California, United States. It can be accessed by most countries around the world. As each country has laws that may differ from those of California, by accessing our website, you agree that the statutes and laws of California, without regard to the conflict of laws and the United Nations Convention on the International Sales of Goods, will apply to all matters relating to the use of this website and the purchase of any products or services through this site.
Furthermore, any action to enforce this User Agreement shall be brought in the federal or state courts located in United States, California. You hereby agree to personal jurisdiction by such courts, and waive any jurisdictional, venue, or inconvenient forum objections to such courts.
UNLESS OTHERWISE EXPRESSED, COVERCROW.COM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Questions Concerning These Terms and Conditions of Service
If you have any questions or comments about this Site or these Terms of Service, please contact us by email at [email protected] or by mail at 16787 Beach Boulevard, Suite 328, Huntington Beach, CA 92647.